The 2021 IBA ICCMCC was truly an Extraordinaire Edition! For the first time since its inception, the Competition was held fully online. It also welcomed more teams and judges than ever: 80 teams from all corners of the world and more than 500 judges and evaluators. We are extremely proud of all participating teams and grateful to all the judges and evaluators without whom the Competition would not have taken place.
Aside from the oral pleading rounds, the teams and judges had the opportunity to attend a number of side-events, especially designed for them:
- Opening Ceremony, Keynote Speaker: Ms. Fatou Bensouda, former ICC Prosecutor
- Virtual Panel Discussion on ‘Accountability for Sexual and Gender-Based Crimes: Progress and Challenges’ (not recorded)
- Reflections from the ICC Bench: An interview with Judge Howard Morrison QC
- Indigenous Peoples and Human Rights: the Brazilian Indigenous Movement before International Courts and Tribunals
- Awards Ceremony
- Insight into the Case before the International Criminal Court (ICC): Prosecutor v. Dragone Goodrider of Wessos – Ask the Author
Thank you all for a wonderful Competition!